The Electrical Department at ICF plants under the overall control of the Chief Electrical Engineer. The Electrical Design Wing is headed by Chief Design Engineer/Electrical. The Maintenance and Construction Organisation is headed by Chief Electrical General Engineer. Chief Electrical Engineer/Quality Control and Commissioning is responsible for Inspection and Quality Assurance of the constituents and managers. The functional Wingss of Electrical Branch of ICF are as follows:
a. Designs- The Electrical Design Wing is responsible for germinating new designs of managers. equipments and sub systems. drawings and specifications for constituents and assemblies. The Design Wing is besides responsible for publishing necessary interfaces for electrical equipments for incorporation in the Shell design and inputs required for Production Wing. This wing is besides responsible for developing expertness in design of new coevals automotive managers. EMUs. DEMUs. Air-conditioned. Non Air-conditioned managers and Luxury Trains for user Railways.
B. Production – The Production Wing is responsible for fabrication of harness. installing of electrical equipments. wiring and complete electrical trappings of the assorted types of managers. The Production wing has developed the expertness in handling of different types of automotive managers including 3 stage AC DC EMUs. EMUs. DEMUs. Ac & A ; non AC managers including luxury trains for RTDC & A ; IRCTC.
c. Inspection – The Inspection Wing is responsible for Quality confidence of electrical constituents and systems used for fabrication of the managers. This Wing is besides responsible for set abouting prototype review of freshly developed components/equipments. This Wing is besides responsible for proving and commissioning of automotive managers and AC managers to guarantee quality and dependability.
d. Contracts and Development- The Contracts & A ; Development Wing is responsible for interceding with the purchase section for guaranting timely handiness of stuffs for manager production. client ailment redressal and discharge of guarantee duties. failure analysis and disciplinary and preventative actions. development of new Items for manager production and development of extra beginnings for limited beginning points.
e. Maintenance – The Maintenance Wing is responsible for care of Plant & A ; Machinery including numerically controlled & A ; CNC machines. EOT cranes etc. This Wing is besides responsible for keeping power supply for Factories. Internet Explorer. Shell & A ; Furnishing. D & A ; D Wing. Hospital. Colony etc. The building activities associated with new undertakings. safety plants and replacing plants of Plant & A ; Machinery are besides undertaken by this Wing. This Wing besides is set abouting figure of green energy undertakings such as installing of Wind Mill and Solar energy systems.
DEVELOPMENT OF NEW TECHNOLOGY & A ; EVOLUTION OF NEW DESIGNS:
1. ICF has designed the new AC DC EMUs with province of the art IGBT base 3 stage propulsion system being used for the first clip in EMU stock of Indian Railways. Designs of the managers including development of new points such as Air Handling Units for this undertaking besides have been undertaken by the Department.
2. ICF has developed exigency feed terminal agreement for AC managers and equipped it in 18 managers for test in user Railways. The system will guarantee extension of power supply from next AC manager. so that comfort of the riders is maintained in the event of failure of manager battery in AC managers.
3. ICF has developed Specification and introduced GPS based Passenger Information and Display system in AC EMU rake for Southern Railway. This is the first clip that such a system is introduced in EMU stock in Indian Railways.
4. In order to better the dependability and maintainability of airing fans in non AC managers. 2. 5 kVA inverters has been developed and managers have been provided with AC fans and 2. 5 kVA inverters. 5. In order to guarantee better airing. ICF has developed 110 V ac 450 mm expanse fixed type RC fans for the usage in EMU room accesss in topographic point of 400 mm expanse fans.
6. ICF has developed specification and provided GPS based Passenger Information and Display system in Garib Rath managers.
7. Specification for LED based Disaster Management exigency visible radiation was developed and provided in all types of managers manufactured in ICF since 2007.
8. As a rider agreeableness. 100 VA inverters for lap top/mobile bear downing points to ICF Spec. No. ICF/Elec/922 was introduced in Second Class SL managers since 2007.
9. New designs of Kolkata Metro managers have been developed. These managers have province of the art features like Passenger Information and Public Address System. air-conditioning with roof mounted ac units and with other advanced characteristics such as inverters for power supply agreements alternatively of MA set of bing design of managers and electrically operated door control unit and province of the air brake system with TBU etc.
10. Power Supply and Maintenance of Machinery & A ; Plant:
I. The Care and Power Supply Wing looks after the power supply agreement for major burden Centres in Shell Factory.
two. Ineffectiveness of Machinery & A ; Plant are kept at 1. 2 % .
three. Continuous monitoring and energy salvaging methods deployed has resulted in decrease of specific energy ingestion per ECU to 10974 units.
four. Assorted safety plants such as shrouded contactors in topographic point of DSL. anti-collision device for EOT Cranes have been undertaken.
v. Various energy salvaging steps has been undertaken by the section:
a. Provision of LED indicant lamps alternatively of candent indicant lamps.
B. Installation of Turbine Air ventilators in workshop roof tops.
c. Introduction of timer circuit in the air go arounding fans for exchanging off the fans during non on the job hours including tiffin hours and interruption hours.
d. Replacement of 300W IC lamps with metal halide lamps.
e. Switch overing off stand-by transformers at assorted sub Stationss.
f. As a consequence of energy audit. there was decrease in force per unit area scenes of tight air lines. replacing of gate and Earth valves with ball valves in order to collar escape.
11. ICF has installed 10. 5 MW Wind Mill Project in April 2009 to tackle the air current energy.
Industry of state-of-the-art double electromotive force EMUs for Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation By ICF
During peak hours a nine auto EMU train in Mumbai carries more than 5000 riders. the attendant rider lading denseness being 16 riders per sq. thousand country. This will doubtless name for a significant upgradation of the bing suburban railroad web and its effectual direction.
Indian Railways have formed a separate corporation for pull offing the suburban railroad system of the Mumbai Megapolis i. e the Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation. This is portion of the larger World Bank aided Mumbai Urban Transport Project ( MUTP ) which involves overall upgradation of the bing rail and route conveyance systems and their effectual integrating for supplying a satisfactory conveyance solution for Mumbai. The entire investing involved in the MUTP is 4. 500 crores in Phase-I of the undertaking.
ICF has completed the design for three Numberss of AC /DC managers with 3 stage propulsion for MRVC were finalized and shells for one figure each of Motor manager. driving dawdler and C manager are ready for supplying. Based on the assorted treatments among MRVC. RDSO and ICF. the undermentioned characteristics shall be incorporated in the 3 paradigm managers and on reception of feedback from WR. the same will be implemented in regular AC DC managers of MRVC:
Wiring and talkers will be provided for Public Address System Central Aisle Lighting with two rows of visible radiations Emergency Light utilizing fluorescent visible radiation
Modular switches for compartment fans
Fans with hurt free characteristics
Poly carbonate individual sentinel glass
FRP drivers desk
Air conditioning of drivers cab in D manager LED type caput codification
Roof Mounted Package Unit for improved airing in the compartment
Other characteristics of these managers are:
Higher energy efficiency on history of regenerative braking? energy ingestion would cut down by 35 % compared to the present degree. Reduced care demands and thereby care costs on history of:
reduced wear and tear of brake blocks since bulk of the braking attempt comes through regeneration
usage of squirrel coop initiation motors which are inherently more rugged and robust compared to the DC series motors. Besides these motors are without C coppices extinguishing coppice and commutor related jobs associated with DC motors
As a effect. down clip of stock fitted with three stage propulsion will be much less compared to the DC system and hence handiness will be higher. Higher torsion and velocity potency? with AC grip motors for the same weight of the motor. much higher power can be derived from the motor ( about 50 % higher ) . Besides with the usage of microprocessor controlled operation of the power electronics. maximal torsion can be achieved over a wider velocity scope bettering the running public presentation of the train. Easy maintainability on history of usage of microprocessor based control system which has built in mistake diagnostic characteristic with mistake designation and information logging installation. enabling quicker designation of mistakes by both maintenance staff every bit good as the motor adult male. Driver friendly characteristics like a comprehensive cab show system giving manager wise indicant of the wellness of the grip and braking system. mistake nosologies system. energy drawn. energy regenerated etc. Following parts of the auto organic structure. which have been identified as corrosion prone will be manufactured out of unstained steel:
Side wall below window sill degree
The managers with Siemens Electrics will hold following particular characteristics:
Use of IGBT based converter-inverters as against GTO based converter-inverters used on the double electromotive force EMUs now in usage.
Use of air desiccants in the pneumatic circuit which will better the dependability of the EP brakes and air springs. Use of train communicating web and multiplexing
Use of rider information and communicating system integrating the undermentioned characteristics:
Destination index on the front face of the driving manager utilizing high declaration LEDs
Use of fire sensing and snuff outing system dwelling of fume & A ; heat detectors. sound? ocular dismaies and fire asphyxiators.
Use of manager airing system to do equal fresh air available in the rider country peculiarly during heavy rider lading conditions.
Provision of independent convertor and inverter for each brace of grip motors and proviso for isolation of a bogey in the event of a traction/auxiliary circuit mistake.